This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
ly96sniper's profile picture

CC and IC2 Interfacing?

Started by ly96sniper, 17 March 2016 - 01:52 AM
ly96sniper #1
Posted 17 March 2016 - 02:52 AM
So ive been using the direwolf20 pack (MC ver 1.6.4) and recently updated CC from Ver 1.57 to Ver 1.63 and now im having some troubles. I had a program set up to monitor the amount of EU being held in my factory (link to the program here ) and now that ive updated i cant seem to get the program to run anymore. The basic run down of the program was to download the code and hook up any and all EU storage devices to the adv computer via wired modems and cables. but now that ive updated to CC ver 1.63 it wont work, its like the cables dont even connect to the MFSUs or any other EU storage devices. Did Dan200 take out that feature within the updates between 1.57 and 1.63 or am i just being dumb?
Bomb Bloke #2
Posted 17 March 2016 - 03:08 AM
ComputerCraft doesn't add support for IC2 - that'll either come from IC2 or OpenPeripheral. Sounds like you need to update some more mods.
ly96sniper #3
Posted 17 March 2016 - 03:13 AM
@bomb bloke you wouldn't happen to know what mods i might need would you?

so ive done some looking into it and it is in fact openperipherals! now my problem is i cant seem to find the correct version of openperipherals to download little lone a proper website for the mod versions. any ideas on where to look?
Bomb Bloke #4
Posted 17 March 2016 - 07:56 AM
Long story short, you're probably best off downloading a modpack which already has CC 1.63 correctly setup alongside OP already. Mess around too much on your own and you may run into some "fun" with the item ID codes.

That, and the OP guys aren't big on making their documentation easy to get at. Just using online resources, I can't get a clear picture as to which files are needed under MC 1.6.4 either - OpenEye gives some clues, but I'm not sure whether it paints the full picture.