This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
MineCraftianos's profile picture

because you turn off the pc on my server MineCraft

Started by MineCraftianos, 17 July 2012 - 01:14 AM
MineCraftianos #1
Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:14 AM
hello, as I have a server of minecraft and I am creating a browser with RedNet, but when left turned on the server of RedNet (a process) and walk away or I desconeto, reset the pc. Why is this? as I fix it?

(sorry for my bad English, I speak Spanish XD)
Lyqyd #2
Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:30 AM
When you walk away, the chunk that the computer is in unloads. When you walk back, it is loaded again and the computer restarts. You'll need to use the "startup" file to tell the computer to run the server program when it starts up. Use shell.run().
MineCraftianos #3
Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:35 AM
When you walk away, the chunk that the computer is in unloads. When you walk back, it is loaded again and the computer restarts. You'll need to use the "startup" file to tell the computer to run the server program when it starts up. Use shell.run().
the problem is that when less time is off better, can be solved with some command?.
Lyqyd #4
Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:37 AM
I'm not sure what you mean. If you want the chunk to stay loaded, there are other mods available that have that sort of thing. If you want the computer to stay on even when the chunk isn't loaded, there's nothing that can be done. If you want the program to automatically start when the computer starts, use the "startup" file.
MineCraftianos #5
Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:44 AM
ok,thanks.
Darky_Alan #6
Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:03 PM
the problem is that when less time is off better, can be solved with some command?.

If you are using tekkit, get world anchors, they keep a 3x3x3 area loaded at all times. meaning it would keep your computer loaded 24/7. This might fix your issue.