This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Zaiar's profile picture

Can't find an active printer? please help!

Started by Zaiar, 27 May 2016 - 03:09 AM
Zaiar #1
Posted 27 May 2016 - 05:09 AM
Hey Im having a problem with printing… I have the ink and paper in the right spots and the printer is connected to the advanced computer through a wired modem.

I wanted to print a texture that I made in paint but when I go to print it says

"No active printers found in proximity of the computer"

-Printer is right beside the computer
-Connected through wired modem
-Using an advanced computer
-Printer not active??

Im not sure whats wrong, Ive seen other videos but it works fine for them
Dragon53535 #2
Posted 27 May 2016 - 05:38 AM
Does the wired modem on the printer have the red ring? If it doesn't then right click on the modem and try again.
Bomb Bloke #3
Posted 27 May 2016 - 06:02 AM
Huh, I don't recall the paint script having print functionality. Might have to look into that.

Last I remember, printers can't produce "background colours" (which would be kinda needed for any sort of "image" representation), and they also need the inks switched in and out if you want to use multiple colours at all. So I'm not even sure how printing a texture would work.

So: what code, exactly, are you using for this?
Zaiar #4
Posted 27 May 2016 - 08:51 PM
Huh, I don't recall the paint script having print functionality. Might have to look into that.

Last I remember, printers can't produce "background colours" (which would be kinda needed for any sort of "image" representation), and they also need the inks switched in and out if you want to use multiple colours at all. So I'm not even sure how printing a texture would work.

So: what code, exactly, are you using for this?

Im not using a code… I am using Chrome OS and going into paint. I create a picture then I go to file>Print and get that error.
KingofGamesYami #5
Posted 27 May 2016 - 09:43 PM
If you're using an OS, you should take your errors there.
Bomb Bloke #6
Posted 28 May 2016 - 01:22 AM
Im not using a code… I am using Chrome OS

Code you downloaded off of someone else is still code. ;)/>