This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Migno's profile picture

CC auto-dialing RFtools Dimensions

Started by Migno, 21 June 2016 - 06:00 PM
Migno #1
Posted 21 June 2016 - 08:00 PM
Sup guys,
just started with Computercraft as i almost never automated anything inside my Base ( i love to do anything manually ).

Since then, i got a Question:
Is it possible to auto dial a RFTools dimension with CC ?
Thought about Buttons on a Screen with the Dimensionnames on it and a click will dial it once then.

Thanks,
Migno.
Lupus590 #2
Posted 21 June 2016 - 11:38 PM
try this and see what methods become available: http://www.computercraft.info/forums2/index.php?/topic/17143-peripheral-info-viewer/
Migno #3
Posted 22 June 2016 - 12:03 AM
try this and see what methods become available: http://www.computerc...al-info-viewer/

perfect, now i got the Methods (i think this will help me alot ) but i have no clue how to use them.
For example: i got the Method "dialOnce"-Method.. what to do next ?

I already registered the dialing_device and how do I specify the destination?
Already tried d.dialOnce("destination_here") but nothing happens ( d is the dialing_device )
Bomb Bloke #4
Posted 22 June 2016 - 01:29 AM
Assuming the functions are being provided by OpenPeripheral, this may aid in viewing the documentation.
Migno #5
Posted 22 June 2016 - 01:53 AM
Hmm, tried opdoc already, unfortunatly theres no informations about the "Dialing device"…

Here are some screen from my current setup:
Spoiler

Any further ideas ?
Bomb Bloke #6
Posted 22 June 2016 - 03:00 AM
The catch here is that ComputerCraft isn't directly compatible with RFTools. Some other mod - usually OpenPeripheral - adds the peripheral functionality so that ComputerCraft can interact with such blocks.

In this case it doesn't look like it's OpenPeripheral doing it, so that'd suggest RFTools is (the main forum post for RFT does state it offers its own CC support). Only thing is I can't see any documentation on their wiki about it. I do see a craftable manual, though; that might tell you something - otherwise your best bet would be to ask in the main thread, I guess..
Migno #7
Posted 22 June 2016 - 06:18 AM
Nothin' in the manual, ill write on the mainthread and keep the updates here following.
Thanks for the help tho :)/>

EDIT:

its working now, and actually is so simple that it might be to easy…

Let me explain it:
If you want to tell your Computercraft programm to dial a specific dimension you just have to wrap the dialing_device and list the methods to get the correct spelling and stuff.
After you did that you can start dialing.

For a constant dial to a specific dimension it is:
term.dial(x,y)
where "x" is the the transmitterID and "y" is the receiverID, you can simply get the ID's straight from the dialing_device. The first Transmitter is ID "0" and the second Transmitter is ID "1", same stuff for the Receivers.
Edited on 22 June 2016 - 06:00 AM
Lupus590 #8
Posted 22 June 2016 - 10:09 AM
The catch here is that ComputerCraft isn't directly compatible with RFTools. Some other mod - usually OpenPeripheral - adds the peripheral functionality so that ComputerCraft can interact with such blocks.

RFTools provides its own methods, OpenPeripheral is not involved