This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
rovey1's profile picture

[1.75][SMP] all peripherals numbers bugged out and glitched.

Started by rovey1, 02 August 2016 - 01:32 AM
rovey1 #1
Posted 02 August 2016 - 03:32 AM
im am trying to use my reactor system with computer craft. i have everything set with the commands and stuff on the reactors but anytime i break a block with a wired modem on it, the number will go from default nuclear_reactor_0 to nuclear_reactor_1 and so on. if I place the wired modem back. and now with all of my reactor things the numbers are bugged out. i want my first reactor to be reactor 0, not reactor 4.
KingofGamesYami #2
Posted 02 August 2016 - 07:11 PM
That's not a bug, it's intentional. If you want the peripheral to be named the same, don't break the wired modem.
rovey1 #3
Posted 03 August 2016 - 02:22 AM
all my peripheral numbers are already messed up i cant put them back to the regular number. is there like a code or hotkey i can use to reset all of my peripherals
KingofGamesYami #4
Posted 03 August 2016 - 01:47 PM
As I said, they aren't messed up. You can't "put them back to the regular number" because there is no regular number. Each time you place a new wired modem on a specific peripheral type (say, nuclear_reactor), it gets a new number (starting at 0).

Most programs simply use peripheral.find instead of relying on the specific peripheral names (there are exceptions).
Emma #5
Posted 04 August 2016 - 02:22 AM
What Yami said is true, however, if you really need to reset the ids for peripherals, you can go into your world folder (on your computer, not in mc, usually this is under %appdata%/.minecraft/saves), and under computer there will be a file called lastid_computer or lastid_nuclear_reactor or something like that, it will have a number in it, either delete it or change it to 0.
Edited on 04 August 2016 - 12:23 AM
Lyqyd #6
Posted 04 August 2016 - 03:51 PM
Moved to Ask a Pro.
Luca_S #7
Posted 04 August 2016 - 09:45 PM
What Yami said is true, however, if you really need to reset the ids for peripherals, you can go into your world folder (on your computer, not in mc, usually this is under %appdata%/.minecraft/saves), and under computer there will be a file called lastid_computer or lastid_nuclear_reactor or something like that, it will have a number in it, either delete it or change it to 0.

For mac open finder, choose Go to, hold down alt. Click Library then Application Support/mincecraft/saves