This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
MrKevin205's profile picture

Pickup Items

Started by MrKevin205, 22 August 2016 - 11:10 PM
MrKevin205 #1
Posted 23 August 2016 - 01:10 AM
I have a Melee Turtle in my Xp farm and i want that my hoppers picks the items up but they aren't because the turtles are picking them up and if i fill the turtle inventory they are throwing the items back.
Lyqyd #2
Posted 23 August 2016 - 01:45 AM
Moved to Ask a Pro.
Bomb Bloke #3
Posted 23 August 2016 - 02:15 AM
Turtles won't suck up mob drops unless you tell them to - when you say "they are throwing the items back", do you mean the hoppers are? If so, I'd be inclined to believe you've linked the hoppers to the turtles, somehow…

Obviously it'd pay to show us your code, but a screenshot might also be worthwhile here.
Edited on 23 August 2016 - 08:06 AM
Luca_S #4
Posted 23 August 2016 - 07:37 AM
I have a Melee Turtle in my Xp farm and i want that my hoppers picks the items up but they aren't because the turtles are picking them up and if i fill the turtle inventory they are throwing the items back.

Taking a look at turtle.drop() might be worth a try.
Twijn #5
Posted 23 August 2016 - 08:53 PM
I'm assuming by saying that they are "throwing the items back" you mean throwing the items behind?

To fix this, you may use turtle.drop(), turtle.dropDown(), turtle.dropUp() found here. Otherwise, if the turtle stays still, just pipe the items out with any mod that will take items out of any inventory.