This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
NewBuildmini's profile picture

Railroad Crossing with status

Started by NewBuildmini, 25 August 2016 - 11:10 AM
NewBuildmini #1
Posted 25 August 2016 - 01:10 PM
I am making a railway on a map for my upcoming server. I am trying to make a crossing that the signal when the detector rail is ran over, theres a normal redstone circuit which turns it on, the half barriers/gates go up from the ground and a redstone goes input in a computer which is locked in a iron door box, it has a status. When it's no train, it says Crossing Off. When theres a train, the input makes it say Crossing On. But i am also trying to link the computer with a wired modem to the signal control centre which will show the same message and work the same, but without redstone and by the rednet wire. Please give me any help? I am a beginner to ComputerCraft.
Bomb Bloke #2
Posted 29 August 2016 - 05:31 AM
Please give me any help? I am a beginner to ComputerCraft.

Sorry, what was the actual question? Which bit are you actually stuck on?

Do you need a primer to Lua, or have you started writing code and need specifics about modems, or… what?
CCJJSax #3
Posted 31 August 2016 - 11:18 PM
It's also good to have your current code to if possible. If you do need the primer to lua and computercraft you can see the basics here (sorry I'm using my phone and I don't think there is a hyperlink function on mobile.
http://www.computercraft.info/forums2/index.php?/topic/15033-computer-basics-i/page__pid__142706#entry142706

There are also some tutorials on youtube you could check out if you're that type of learner.