This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Ramog's profile picture

Computercraft code is crashing the server

Started by Ramog, 08 September 2016 - 05:39 PM
Ramog #1
Posted 08 September 2016 - 07:39 PM
I have written this programm to controll my industrialcraft reactors, it enabels them in dependence of the mfsu level and it also gives out a redstone signal if a certain amount of liquid is in the tank. Since this is a reactor vessel and I want first fill up the tank a bit to "kickstart" it. My problem is that the server I play on crashes if the programm is used and I can't get the crashlog because I don't know the admin. I am using computercraft version 1.75 and at the moment I try to replicate the issue on my singelplayer world but haven't had sucess yet. If anyone has a idea how I can get this programm to work feel free to post it.
Bomb Bloke #2
Posted 09 September 2016 - 02:10 AM
My problem is that the server I play on crashes if the programm is used and I can't get the crashlog because I don't know the admin.

Crashes when? Immediately? Within a few seconds of reaching a certain point in the script? After some random amount of hours?…

Do you get the same problems if you disconnect the redstone connection from the side of the computer? If so, a screenshot of your wiring might be useful.
CCJJSax #3
Posted 09 September 2016 - 03:42 AM
Put a tiny sleep before wrapping or finding a peripheral.
Ramog #4
Posted 09 September 2016 - 08:07 PM
My problem is that the server I play on crashes if the programm is used and I can't get the crashlog because I don't know the admin.

Crashes when? Immediately? Within a few seconds of reaching a certain point in the script? After some random amount of hours?…

Do you get the same problems if you disconnect the redstone connection from the side of the computer? If so, a screenshot of your wiring might be useful.

It doesn't crash immediatly it crashes at random times. Sometimes every 5 minutes sometimes 30 minutes.

I don't know but I will test it but here are some pictures of the setup:

Ok I removed the cable but it still crashes :(/>/>
Edited on 11 September 2016 - 08:02 PM
Ramog #5
Posted 12 September 2016 - 12:18 AM
Oh well it seemse like I have forgot to put a sleep command in it :/ but I can't test it at the moment