This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Androthia's profile picture

Can this be done? (FarmCraft OS)

Started by Androthia, 01 November 2016 - 05:44 PM
Androthia #1
Posted 01 November 2016 - 06:44 PM
Hey Pro's, I know that using a GUI is pretty common with ComputerCraft and some people have created some pretty amazing things such as entire Operating Systems. So that got me thinking about taking my little project to the next level and create a GUI to run a completely automated farm. I created some pretty lame proposed screens of maybe how things would look, and I wanted some input to see if this was possible, and maybe receive some input and links from you Pro's that could help point me in the right direction.

Spoiler[attachment=2688:MAIN.jpg]

This would be the main interface. Upload the program to the advanced computer, and click on "First Time Setup" - A turtle will go around marking boundaries of the farm, including building the main command center.

Turtle Assignments - Where you see all turtles available for work, and assign them a section of land, and telling them which program to run (tree, wheat, melon, etc).

Farm Map - Displays each section of land that is available to farm

Status Details - Lists each turtle, their current job status, location, and fuel levels

Item Count - Lists each turtle, their job type, and how many of each item they have collected

Monitor Display - You can have 1 monitor on either side of the computer (wireless modem being in the back) and chose what to display on each monitor

Program Description - Explains each program available for the turtles, and what it does.

Return All Turtles Home - this button will send a signal to ALL turtles to return to the home of each farm section.

Spoiler[attachment=2686:FARMMAP.jpg]

Spoiler[attachment=2687:JOB.jpg]

Spoiler[attachment=2685:COUNT.jpg]

So again, I just wanted some input to see how some of you pros would go about this, and maybe throw me a couple links so that I may learn how to do each section of this to make this idea a reality.
Lupus590 #2
Posted 01 November 2016 - 10:10 PM
there are some gui frameworks in the API subforum, I haven't used any so I can't recommend any from experience but bedrock is quite an old/established one, titanium is another that I know of