This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Patistar's profile picture

Rednet via Bundled Cables: Every PC receives the message

Started by Patistar, 23 July 2012 - 12:27 PM
Patistar #1
Posted 23 July 2012 - 02:27 PM
Hello,

I connected a few computers via bundled cable and want to send a message to a choosen computer. I took the rednet.send(id, message) command, but the message was send to every computer connected with the bundled cable. Is this a normal behavior of the bundled cable, because it works with a rednet wireless modem without any problems?
Noodle #2
Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:49 AM
Send a color.<colorname> and have that computer receive that color. Do the same with another color and another computer?
Patistar #3
Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:44 PM
Yeah, but I wanna send messages with letters via rednet, not only a redstone signal..
So the question is: Is it possible to make the receiver id working in bundled cable or is it normal that a rednet messagewhich is send in a bundled cable will be send to every computer connected to that bundled cable?

Thanks
Patrick
Xfel #4
Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:18 PM
Well, all computers connected to one bundled cable will see all messages going through. You can't stop that.
However, as far as I understand the rednet source code, it should do some filtering and only report messages for your computer. I never tried it, though…
airminer #5
Posted 30 August 2012 - 04:49 PM
It works now.