This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Digit's profile picture

Error saving programs

Started by Digit, 27 November 2016 - 04:35 AM
Digit #1
Posted 27 November 2016 - 05:35 AM
On my tekkit legends server, I can't save programs. Whenever I try, it says "error saving to <program name>", this happens on all devices, and when I try to make a new directory, it returns an "Out of Space" error on line 8 of the mkdir program. If on an advanced computer I try to run the program from the editor, it returns "Error saving to /.temp". I'm not really sure what to make of all this, and I've found absolutely nothing on the internet leading to an answer. Hopefully someone here can help me out. Thanks in advance.
TheRockettek #2
Posted 27 November 2016 - 09:51 AM
Is there files on the computer already? What you can do is increase the storage capacity of computers in the computercraft.cfg file. Maybe like peripheral mods are creating files that take up too much space.
Digit #3
Posted 27 November 2016 - 03:27 PM
Ah, I figured it out. The Owner of the server (Whom I am not, I should have specified." Has limited computers to only save on floppy disks for lag purposes. Of course, that doesn't actually reduce lag, and I doubt that programs would cause lag in the first place… I'll see if I can talk to him.
Bomb Bloke #4
Posted 27 November 2016 - 11:51 PM
Programs can be coded in such a way that they'll mess with server performance, but whether or not they're running from a floppy has nothing to do with that.