This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
hermanoid's profile picture

Turtle.Select return value confusion

Started by hermanoid, 23 February 2017 - 03:13 AM
hermanoid #1
Posted 23 February 2017 - 04:13 AM
I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but the ComputerCraft wiki states in the Turtle API page that turtle.select() returns a boolean success value, but when you click on that function to see the turtle.select() function-specific page, it is said that the function returns a boolean whether or not the specified slot is greater than nine value. Which is correct?

I could do some experimentation to see which is true, but I need to know for certain if my findings are correct, to avoid putting false information into the wiki pages as an incorrect correction.
Edited on 23 February 2017 - 03:15 AM
exosceleton #2
Posted 23 February 2017 - 07:04 AM
It would seam to me that the "greater than 9" is an outdated definition, basically meaning the same thing as what is said in the API page: if it is greater than 9 - nine being the old max slot number - it will fail, so essentially- boolean success.
Lupus590 #3
Posted 23 February 2017 - 02:49 PM
I have wiki access so I will go fix that

Edit: someone else did

Edit2: read the wrong line on the wiki, fixed now
Edited on 23 February 2017 - 01:53 PM
hermanoid #4
Posted 23 February 2017 - 11:39 PM
Thanks.

Sorry if I raised confusion with that "correction" line, I assumed I'd have modification access (it's a wiki, after all) to correct the definition.
Lupus590 #5
Posted 24 February 2017 - 12:05 PM
Wiki access is on a request basis due to spam in the past, the link to request is here: http://www.computercraft.info/forums2/index.php?/topic/6919-wiki-edit-privileges/