This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Paracher's profile picture

Problem with turtle movements

Started by Paracher, 29 March 2017 - 07:14 PM
Paracher #1
Posted 29 March 2017 - 09:14 PM
Well, hello,

So I'm having a lot of troubles with turtles lately on Sky Factory 2 (running Computercraft 1.7), but didn't really understand why.

Basically it seems like every movement command doesn't work, I already played computercraft a long time ago but it doesn't seems to be any changes, according to wiki.

Further explaination :

I've tried it with both advanced and regular turtle, mining and basic one, everything seems fine but when I'I'm typing any command that requiere a movelent (such as turtle.up() or turtle.turnLeft() ) the system only returns "no such program"

Wheren't these functions already inplemented in turtles? Or did the way to use them change?

Thanks for reading my really dumb question until the end, sorry if I posted it in rhe wrong topic, bur I don't want to blame a bug if it's just me….
Bomb Bloke #2
Posted 30 March 2017 - 02:23 AM
turtle.up(), turtle.down(), etc are function calls, not programs. If you enter the Lua console (by typing "lua" into the Craft OS shell) they should work there, assuming the turtle is fuelled.
Paracher #3
Posted 30 March 2017 - 08:18 PM
Oh, alright, it seems to have fixed my issue ^^

Whell thanks a lot for your quick answer. It seems that I still have some research to do about how to use turtle, but I can handle them myself and stop borhering you.
Thank you