This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Wilma456's profile picture

How to built Computercraft

Started by Wilma456, 07 May 2017 - 11:30 AM
Wilma456 #1
Posted 07 May 2017 - 01:30 PM
I want to built Computercraft from the source. But how can I do that? I had downlaoded the GitHub repository and run setup.sh. After a half hour, I got the Message, that it has finished but I dont't get a file.
SquidDev #2
Posted 07 May 2017 - 01:47 PM
Run the ./deploy.sh or deploy.bat file (.bat if windows, .sh if not) and wait for a few minutes - you should get a file in build/libs which you can then play with. Alternatively, just download one of the "nightly" builds that CrazedProgrammer has set up.

Note: If you're writing a feature, you can use ./gradlew runClient instead. This will build ComputerCraft and start the game, which saves an awful lot of time.

Note: If you're thinking of writing a feature, think really hard about it first. Have a look through some of the existing PRs and see what you think other people did wrong or right.
Edited on 07 May 2017 - 11:51 AM
Wilma456 #3
Posted 08 May 2017 - 04:56 PM
Thankyo for the link. I only want to have the latest beta of Computercraft. But I have a question: I have built Computercraft (Just for Fun) with your command. But if I click on a Computer, I only get a black screen. CraftOS is not booting. Why?
Lupus590 #4
Posted 08 May 2017 - 06:30 PM
CraftOS is not booting. Why?
latest beta
you have answered your own question
Wilma456 #5
Posted 09 May 2017 - 02:58 PM
I had update tehe code and make another build. Same Problem. The last build from the Website is a half hour ago, and the last code change is a hour ago, so the built from the website and my built has the same codebase. Why works the built from the website and my built not?
SquidDev #6
Posted 09 May 2017 - 03:03 PM
How are you building it? Are you using ./deploy.sh or ./gradlew build? If the former is still not working, replace your build.gradle file with this one and try again.
Wilma456 #7
Posted 09 May 2017 - 05:24 PM
It works with your file. Thankyou. You should make a Pull Request, to put this file in the Computercraft Repository.
SquidDev #8
Posted 09 May 2017 - 05:34 PM
It works with your file. Thankyou. You should make a Pull Request, to put this file in the Computercraft Repository.
That is pretty much what apemanzilla's PR does, just with a couple of cosmetic changes.
Wilma456 #9
Posted 15 June 2017 - 11:17 AM
I need further help: Building on my PC works, but the builtserver from CrazedProgrammer is down, so I want to make a Cronjob on my PI to built this. But I only get the error:

Error occurred during initialization of VM
Could not reserve enough space for 2097152KB object heap
How can I solve this?
SquidDev #10
Posted 15 June 2017 - 11:25 AM
The build server isn't down, it just got moved to here.

In regards to your error, you're just running out of memory - the build process requires more than 2GB of memory so you'll need to allocate more.
Wilma456 #11
Posted 15 June 2017 - 06:38 PM
Thank you for the new link. I had changed my bookmark.

But how can I allocate more memory?
SquidDev #12
Posted 15 June 2017 - 06:55 PM
But how can I allocate more memory?
You should be able to allocate more using the GRADLE_OPTS option and the appropriate Java flags: GRADLE_OPTS=-Xmx3G ./gradlew build will build it with 3GB. Make sure you're running 64 bit Java too.