This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
RedNeckSnailSpit's profile picture

CC 1.75 Settings Files

Started by RedNeckSnailSpit, 12 May 2017 - 08:14 AM
RedNeckSnailSpit #1
Posted 12 May 2017 - 10:14 AM
Hi, I'm a n00b and just started programming in lua, to use CC, about 2 or 3 days ago. I've got some experience in other languages, so I picked it up fairly quickly.

Anyway, I'm running CC 1.75 (Latest for MC 1.7.10, since all my other mods are not updated to 1.8 yet) and need help with settings files.

I've seen other apps using settings files and stuff, but I can't quite figure out how they work. I've looked at my BigReactors control program, HouseCloud, and some other code, but can't really make out how the work other than that they use FS functions/API.

Could a pro maybe explain how to use settings files for 1.75? The settings API isn't available, since that's only in 1.77+ (for MC 1.8)

Thanks!

Edit: Fixed, I experimented with stuff while waiting for this to be approved. (Also, I figured since the reply wasn't approved, might make an edit instead.)
Edited on 12 May 2017 - 02:24 PM
RedNeckSnailSpit #2
Posted 12 May 2017 - 04:11 PM
Errrm, little bit embarrassing, but while I was waiting for this to be approved, I did some tests and managed to figure it out.

Thanks anyway, but I have a different problem now, but I'll post a new post, since it's off topic here…
Lupus590 #3
Posted 12 May 2017 - 05:54 PM
You could copy the settings API and use it in your program, it should work as is even with the older mod version

https://github.com/dan200/ComputerCraft/blob/master/src/main/resources/assets/computercraft/lua/rom/apis/settings
RedNeckSnailSpit #4
Posted 12 May 2017 - 07:07 PM
You could copy the settings API and use it in your program, it should work as is even with the older mod version

https://github.com/d...m/apis/settings

Well that's quite useful. I've tried it now, just getting a few errors. I'm sure it's just me being a dummy though, lol.