This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
bobasrty's profile picture

Am i doing this right?

Started by bobasrty, 03 July 2017 - 11:28 PM
bobasrty #1
Posted 04 July 2017 - 01:28 AM
I'm trying to make a program using Xelostar's 3D Renderer http://www.computercraft.info/forums2/index.php?/topic/26848-3d-renderer/page__hl__renderer__fromsearch__1 .
My program doesn't seem to work. I'm still working on it. pastebin get 1qgBWKJY 3dDemo2.
API: pastebin get y82JTbDB ThreeD. Demo: pastebin get haQFPLms. Both are by Xelostar. You need both to run the demo.
Help me as soon as you can.

Also 3dDemo2 https://pastebin.com/zpdktR4u
Edited on 08 July 2017 - 08:53 PM
Bomb Bloke #2
Posted 04 July 2017 - 02:21 AM
My program doesn't seem to work.

Fascinating.

What does it do, and how does that differ from what you expect?
bobasrty #3
Posted 04 July 2017 - 07:29 PM
If you checked out the api and the demo then I was trying to stack three frames and the program didn't work. It doesn't start. As I said, I am still working on it. I'm copying certain lines of code from the working demo by Xelostar to my program to see if it works. I hope you check out all the programs and try to find whats wrong.
bobasrty #4
Posted 04 July 2017 - 07:38 PM
Also this is a new account. But I have been going around the forums as a guest for a few weeks since I finally got the mod working. I have installed at least 100 programs and OS, always looking for the perfect one. I got tired of installing programs over and over and I want to make my own program using a 3D API. All of my other simple programs that I have tried to make never worked. They were mostly programs to uninstall programs that don't have an uninstaller but they never worked so I had to delete all the files myself.
sploders101 #5
Posted 05 July 2017 - 03:23 PM
To elaborate on what bomb bloke said, it would be useful to include snippets of code here, as well as screenshots and specific error messages. Most people on here are happy to help, but not if it takes up too much of their time. Pretend your problem is a product you are trying to sell to us and tell us everything about it. Also, post real pastebin links. (pastebin.com/{pastebin code}) so that we can view them online without having to copy paste, etc.
Edited on 05 July 2017 - 01:25 PM
bobasrty #6
Posted 08 July 2017 - 05:30 PM
EDIT: Not actually going to post screenshots
Edited on 09 August 2017 - 05:27 PM
bobasrty #7
Posted 08 July 2017 - 05:41 PM
Also, post real pastebin links. (pastebin.com/{pastebin code}) so that we can view them online without having to copy paste, etc.
Oh wait I think I see what you mean!
If you are saying to go to pastebin.com, make a new pastebin there and copy all of my code onto the pastebin.
Edited on 08 July 2017 - 03:42 PM
bobasrty #8
Posted 08 July 2017 - 10:54 PM
3dDemo2 online pastebin! https://pastebin.com/zpdktR4u
bobasrty #9
Posted 31 July 2017 - 11:47 PM
No one has replied since last month
Dog #10
Posted 01 August 2017 - 12:16 AM
I'm not familiar with the renderer you're working with (and I'm not willing to learn it just to solve one AaP problem), but I'll gently remind you that you still haven't posted any screenshots or error messages that you receive. People here will help you, but you have to be willing to put in most of the effort here - the more work you leave for others to do, the less likely you are to find others to do that work.

One thing you could try would be putting print statements throughout your code to see if variables are being set correctly and to help figure out where things are going wrong.

Another thing you could try, in your case, would be to post in Xelostar's thread - s/he would be the most able to help you.