This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
QBFreak's profile picture

ComputerCraft installation failed (Linux)

Started by QBFreak, 21 August 2017 - 06:32 PM
QBFreak #1
Posted 21 August 2017 - 08:32 PM
I recently decided I wanted to play around with ComputerCraft again. In the time I've been away, I've switched from Windows 7 to Linux Mint MATE. I followed the installation instructions for ComputerCraft yet near as I can tell it's not loading. I've got forge installed, and I placed the ComputerCraft jar in the ~/.minecraft/mods folder that forge created. When I launch Minecraft with my forge profile I don't see ComputerCraft in the list of loaded mods. In addition I don't see any of the ComputerCraft blocks when I search for them in Creative mode.

The instructions seemed simple, install Forge, copy the ComputerCraft jar to the mods folder, run the forge profile. I assume I'm missing something obvious.

Help!
-QB
SquidDev #2
Posted 21 August 2017 - 08:45 PM
Which version of Minecraft are you trying to play on, and which version of ComputerCraft did you install. If you want 1.9.4 onwards, you'll have to download them from here.
QBFreak #3
Posted 21 August 2017 - 08:55 PM
Gah. Versions. I knew my brain forgot something. Minecraft 1.12, ComputerCraft 1.79. That link did it, Thanks!

I don't recall seeing anything about that here: http://www.computercraft.info/download/ is that something that could be remedied? For obvious reasons that's the first place I looked (and I'm sure many others).
QBFreak #4
Posted 21 August 2017 - 09:01 PM
Never mind. Ignore my uninformed ramblings. I see the unofficial bit now :)/>

Thanks again!
-QB