This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
PomPom's profile picture

Filling a water bottle with a turtle.

Started by PomPom, 29 August 2017 - 07:23 PM
PomPom #1
Posted 29 August 2017 - 09:23 PM
Hello, I'm creating my first turtle program which makes coffee (from a modpack). At one point, I need the turtle to get an empty water bottle and fill it using a cauldron. I've tried this using turtle.place() but nothing happens, I can't really think of anything else and there seems to be no info on the subject online, any help?
Bomb Bloke #2
Posted 30 August 2017 - 03:22 AM
I don't believe there's any way to have a turtle fill a water bottle, and although the feature might conceivably be added to a future version of the mod some day, I'm not sure anyone would want to fill them using cauldrons, specifically - wouldn't it be easier to just use a water source block?

If you have access to something along the lines of a Fluid Transposer, you could have a turtle cycle bottles through that.
Lupus590 #3
Posted 30 August 2017 - 03:31 PM
I know turtles can fill buckets by "placing them on" water souces in the world, a querk requires one block of air to seperate the turtle and the water though. You may be able to do the same with a bottles. Not sure with cauldrons, but you may want to try giving an air gap too.