This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Sewbacca's profile picture

Rednet Backport

Started by Sewbacca, 15 November 2017 - 03:53 PM
Sewbacca #1
Posted 15 November 2017 - 04:53 PM
After one year I found a use for TLCO. I wanna have the updated version of rednet on CC 1.5, so I downloaded it and run rednet.run from startup with a TLCO, but somehow it doesn't work. Can somebody help me?
SquidDev #2
Posted 15 November 2017 - 05:13 PM
After one year I found a use for TLCO. I wanna have the updated version of rednet on CC 1.5, so I downloaded it and run rednet.run from startup with a TLCO, but somehow it doesn't work. Can somebody help me?
We're going to need more information than that: whilst we're working on it, we're not omniscient yet:
  • What do you mean by "doesn't work"? Does it print an error? Does the computer crash but not print anything? Do angelic hordes descend and smite your computer?
  • What code did you try to use? Can you provide a pastebin/code snippet?
Exerro #3
Posted 15 November 2017 - 07:25 PM
The TLC runs rednet in parallel with the shell. If you kill the TLC, you kill rednet. You can re-implement the behaviour by copying the bios and using similar code to queue rednet_message events. That's assuming that the problem you're facing is that no rednet messages are being received? Remember that rednet is just a wrapper over the modem peripheral.