This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Sonderlime's profile picture

Help.

Started by Sonderlime, 19 December 2017 - 03:19 AM
Sonderlime #1
Posted 19 December 2017 - 04:19 AM
So, im just gonna say it.no idea how to use CC . i really need something that can remotely trigger redstone and a program, password protected, with a simple gui. I need it for my IC2 reactor and a missile silo.
also, how do you trigger a program on a different computer over a wired network?
also is there a way to make a MFSU as a peripheral in 1.12.2? and if so, is there a way to display it on a monitor?
Sonderlime #2
Posted 19 December 2017 - 05:43 AM
Hi! I'm going to be honest. i know nothing.
Heres what im trying to make:
A system that can remotely activate programs on computers either by rednet or by wired network.
A raid setup with 8 drives.(is it even possible?)
A password protected redstone switch that activates the back with a basic GUI/CUI (for turning on a reactor)
How do i do this?
Examples?
The full thing if its small enough?

These are the most advanced thing i know for reference:
Wired modems.
Rebooting via programs.
Stekeblad #3
Posted 19 December 2017 - 10:42 AM
also is there a way to make a MFSU as a peripheral in 1.12.2? and if so, is there a way to display it on a monitor?
There is a mod called Plethora Peripherals that adds support for connecting alot of different blocks to a computer. If you can wrap a mfsu as peripheral the amount of EU stored should be accessable.
Sonderlime #4
Posted 19 December 2017 - 11:07 AM
Thankyou, may i ask how to display it?

also, is there a way to do it to a reactor

how? how do i connect it and get the info? ARGH THIS IS DIFFICULT

when i wrapped it it said:
table: 74e1d8
Edited on 19 December 2017 - 09:03 PM
CLNinja #5
Posted 19 December 2017 - 03:56 PM
Lets say you have a wireless network, and modems are on top of both computers.

--COMPUTER 1
rednet.open("top")
rednet.broadcast("test")

rednet.open("top")
sender, msg, distance = rednet.receive()
if msg == "test' then
	 os.run({},"/rom/programs/shell")
end

Very basic example.
Sonderlime #6
Posted 20 December 2017 - 01:24 AM
Thanks a ton! still if anyone knows how to get a readout in plethora please tell, im trying to make a control room , and i need a capacitor readout.
Thankyou for showing me how to do the thing with rednet btw! real lifesaver. seriously. im playing survival mode.
Stekeblad #7
Posted 20 December 2017 - 07:20 AM
when i wrapped it it said:
table: 74e1d8

You get a table becauce when you wrap a peripheral you get a table with all feature available for that peripheral.

The following code worked for other blocks that I monitored with plethora, not tested with IC2.

local periph = peripheral.wrap("back") --wrap your MFSU and store it in a variable, change "back" to match your setup
local max = periph.getMetadata().energy.capacity
local now = periph.getMetadata().energy.stored
print(now .. "/" .. max)
KingofGamesYami #8
Posted 20 December 2017 - 03:19 PM
I recommend reading through this guide. It'll help you figure out how to accomplish your goal.