This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
LoganDark2's profile picture

Looking for a simple, but powerful GUI library

Started by LoganDark2, 25 January 2018 - 10:52 PM
LoganDark2 #1
Posted 25 January 2018 - 11:52 PM
I would use Titanium, but it needs a weird packager that requires a project and lots of weird commands and a build step and AAAAAAAAAAAA….. I just want something I can download and then immediately use os.loadAPI to access. Any suggestions?
Saldor010 #2
Posted 26 January 2018 - 12:59 AM
I would definitely recommend Cobalt and Surface. If all you're wanting is a buffer, then Surface is all you need, but I would recommend checking out Cobalt (which comes with Surface pre-installed) and see if that would work for you.
Edited on 26 January 2018 - 12:16 AM
Lignum #3
Posted 26 January 2018 - 01:13 AM
Bedrock is rather old, but I still find it to be one of the best GUI libraries. You can't exactly just drop it into os.loadAPI, but it's still a one-liner. Alternatively, Sheets hasn't been released yet, but it's rather robust for a pre-release, with a fair amount of documentation. It can be directly loaded, but I recommend you use lib.lua along with the new require() instead of os.loadAPI, which is now deprecated.

In my view, either of those are the only way to go for making non-trivial GUIs in ComputerCraft. Surface is great for drawing graphics, but it's as much intended for GUI programming as the term API is, and hence, I think, not suitable for this task.
LoganDark2 #4
Posted 26 January 2018 - 01:14 AM
I would definitely recommend Cobalt and Surface. If you all you're wanting is a buffer, then Surface is all you need, but I would recommend checking out Cobalt (which comes with Surface pre-installed) and see if that would work for you.

Thanks, I'll try Cobalt.