This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
luochen1990's profile picture

Which chunk loader mod do you use?

Started by luochen1990, 21 March 2020 - 10:38 PM
luochen1990 #1
Posted 21 March 2020 - 11:38 PM
Hello everybody, I'm now working with a lot of turtles , but there is an issue for me now: everyday I login into my mc world, my server crashs because of "A single server tick took 60.00 seconds", I suspect it's because that when I logged in, the chunk which contains many turtles and computers start to load, and it takes too long for these system (about 20 turtles and several computers) to startup.

So I think a chunk loader might help, and I tried a mod named "simplechunkloaders-1.15.2-1.0.2.0" in MC 1.15.2 but it not works (can not be charged).

Can you suggest a better chunk loader for CC?
Lupus590 #2
Posted 21 March 2020 - 11:56 PM
Adding a chunk loader won't help as if it is the chunk loading that causes the crash then having it always chunk loaded will just make the crash happen on server startup (instead of when the chunk normally gets loaded through normal gameplay, e.g. you logging in)

First I would spread your computers out into more chunks and see if the issue persists.

If it does then I would remove every other mod to confirm that it is ComputerCraft that is at fault.

If it is CC then I would make a bug report on GitHub (assuming that there is not one already).

CC really shouldn't care what chunk loader you use and, I suspect, can't tell if a chunk is loaded by a player being near or by a chunk loader. So I really doubt that adding a chunk loader will fix your issue.
Edited on 21 March 2020 - 10:56 PM