This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
snowmaster97's profile picture

ccSensors Tekkit--Not Working

Started by snowmaster97, 06 August 2012 - 10:23 PM
snowmaster97 #1
Posted 07 August 2012 - 12:23 AM
Hey everyone and I looked on ComputerCraft forums and whatever wikis I could find and nothing is explaining anything to me. On my server I decided to test out the ccSensors mod newly added in Tekkit 3.1.2. I am positive I have everything setup correctly, but when I try to run the ccSensors Sample Program, it says no such program on my comp. Can someone help??
MysticT #2
Posted 07 August 2012 - 01:34 AM
There's no ccSensors program (afaik). ccSensors is a peripheral, a block that interacts with computers. You need to place one next to the computer and then use it. Look on it's thread on the peripheral library to know how to use it.
mderscheid #3
Posted 07 August 2012 - 02:10 PM
I had the same problem. Here's how I fixed it:

Open the .techniclauncher folder in the same place as .minecraft.
Go to this folder: .techniclauncher/tekkit/mods/ccSensors
Copy the contents of ccSensors/api to .techniclauncher/tekkit/mods/ComputerCraft/lua/rom/apis
Copy the contents of ccSensors/help to .techniclauncher/tekkit/mods/ComputerCraft/lua/rom/help
Copy the contents of ccSensors/lua to .techniclauncher/tekkit/mods/ComputerCraft/lua/rom/programs

That should let you use the programs from ccSensors to integrate it into ComputerCraft. Let me know if it works for you, too.

Another thing is, copying from the ccSensors help folder to the ComputerCraft help folder (above) may not be absolutely necessary. It just helps to have those documents where I can easily find them.
KFAFSP #4
Posted 07 August 2012 - 06:30 PM
You dont need to do this (You cant even do on a server). Just follow these steps:
  1. Place a SensorController next to your PC
  2. Type cd .. until you are in root Directory "/" (or restart PC)
  3. Type cd ccSensors
  4. Now you are in the ccSensors Directory
  5. Run "console" (example Program)
ccSensors will only attach the files like apis and stuff to the computer, when there is a sensor controller next to it. Copying the files manually basically is nonsense, because you could try to acces unavailable functions, since it is a modded peripheral. Notice that the files aren't in "/rom/programs" but "/ccSensors" on the harddrive of the computer!