This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Left4Cake's profile picture

Copyright?

Started by Left4Cake, 20 August 2012 - 02:52 PM
Left4Cake #1
Posted 20 August 2012 - 04:52 PM
Is Computercraft under some sort of copyright, and also what copyright would programs released for Computercraft have.

There is a program for Computercraft that I want to port to Rockbox. (for witch I WILL ask the orginal creator of the program first) but I need to know what the deal is befor I can ask the people at Rockbox if their is not compatibly issues with Rockbox's GPL license.

(Is this the right place to ask about this? Also I only don't want to say what it is I am porting due to the possibility of me not being able to do it.)
Graypup #2
Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:20 AM
The copyright is defined by the author of the program, not computercraft.
Speaking of which, idk if that's actually PORTABLE to cc, probably easier to rewrite (if you're using an addon block to play the music).
Xtansia #3
Posted 24 August 2012 - 05:39 AM
The copyright is defined by the author of the program, not computercraft.
Speaking of which, idk if that's actually PORTABLE to cc, probably easier to rewrite (if you're using an addon block to play the music).

From what I read he wants to port a program that is for computercraft to be used on/with rockbox.
Left4Cake #4
Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:29 PM
From what I read he wants to port a program that is for computercraft to be used on/with rockbox.

I was planing on porting something that was written for Computercraft for rockbox's lua interpreter, but I want to get the ok from the creator first.
Xtansia #5
Posted 25 August 2012 - 02:42 AM

I was planing on porting something that was written for Computercraft for rockbox's lua interpreter, but I want to get the ok from the creator first.

You should be fine if it is for private use.
But if you are planning on releasing it you should ask the programs creator before you post it.
dan200 and the ComputerCraft mod have no bearing on this.
Left4Cake #6
Posted 25 August 2012 - 02:05 PM
Thank you for clearing this up for me. :D/>/> I sent him a PM. Hope replys.