This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Strahan's profile picture

Random number results when typing things in console

Started by Strahan, 27 August 2012 - 01:44 AM
Strahan #1
Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:44 AM
I'm confused, lately I've been getting numbers returned when typing certain things in the console. Also after the execution of some of my programs it has a number appearing:

CraftOS 1.3
> ls
rom
> cd rom
rom> ls
apis   help  programs
startup
rom> cd help
rom/help> ls
rom/help> cd ..
rom/help> shutdown
rom/help>

I had to break the computer to get out of the situation. What causes that?
Noodle #2
Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:12 AM
You're in rom/help.. They're numbers + You're 1.3
1.41 returns
[string "list"]:1: '=' expected
Else would be a virus.
Strahan #3
Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:39 AM
Hmm. It used to work fine. For example, I went back to working on my email server. I run startup and it shows the main menu. I hit enter on "Check your mail" and it just dumps back to the terminal with numbers 369 twice.

It actually was working fine a moment ago, but I wanted to test the detection of a msg as new vs old. I exitted the program and did cd/mail/inbox and tried to mv 81928233 81928233.new and it gave a number (forgot it tho). Went to my command line, went to the tekkit/world/computer/1/mail/inbox and tried del 81928233 and it said file was in use by a process. Rechecked my code and sure enough in the mail parse routine that shows the inbox I was forgetting to close files. Fixed that, rebooted the PC. Ran the menu and that's where I am now getting 369s.

It used to actually give me LUA errors explaining the problem.. is there a way to get back to it? I can't imagine it's a virus, I only have a few players and they're buddies who either wouldn't do that or just don't know how heh.

PS, is there a list of what those numbers mean somewhere?
ardera #4
Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:56 AM
EDIT: fixed…
Luanub #5
Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:26 AM
The numbers in this case are usually the offending line number. Check line number 369 for errors.
Strahan #6
Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:57 AM
Alas, the file only has about 20 lines of code. I noticed that a server top/start fixes it. Weird.