This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
lordbax's profile picture

Redstone Imput

Started by lordbax, 27 August 2012 - 07:32 PM
lordbax #1
Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:32 PM
Ok I have tried to look everywhere for an answer to this but I couldn't find it anywhere. I am trying to get the computer to detect if a redstone signal is on for a certain amount of time which if it is then the computer will emit a signal of its own. However to do this I need the redstone.getImput ( ) program. However when I put in "front" inside the brackets all it gives me is an error message saying attempt to call nil. From reading around I think that means I've entered in an incorrect side which can't be true as front is valid. I have redstone going into the front at the time of testing. Am I missing something really obvious?
Thanks for any help you can give me
funkey100 #2
Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:40 PM
Umm… "imput" is spelled in an n, so it is input, not imput.
Jan #3
Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:43 PM
Ok I have tried to look everywhere for an answer to this but I couldn't find it anywhere. I am trying to get the computer to detect if a redstone signal is on for a certain amount of time which if it is then the computer will emit a signal of its own. However to do this I need the redstone.getImput ( ) program. However when I put in "front" inside the brackets all it gives me is an error message saying attempt to call nil. From reading around I think that means I've entered in an incorrect side which can't be true as front is valid. I have redstone going into the front at the time of testing. Am I missing something really obvious?
Thanks for any help you can give me
Maybe you made a typo. It is input not imput
Start your computer and enter 'lua'
Now try 'rs.getInput("front")'
lordbax #4
Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:43 AM
Wow I've never felt so stupid in my life XD. Thanks guys it works now. Also thanks for not mocking me. In other forums I've used people wouldn't help they'd just insult you.
funkey100 #5
Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:52 PM
No problem! :D/>/>