This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
deletedaccouint's profile picture

[Question]

Started by deletedaccouint, 30 August 2012 - 02:57 AM
deletedaccouint #1
Posted 30 August 2012 - 04:57 AM
Is there any way to open a chest using a turtle and manage it? I am using Computercraft version 1.2, not the latest. That is probably a good idea to note.
lieudusty #2
Posted 30 August 2012 - 05:16 AM
Even in the latest version 1.4 you can't manage a chest (select chest slot) using turtles.
deletedaccouint #3
Posted 31 August 2012 - 04:54 AM
ff..sorry about the title. :)/>/>

Um…I'm pretty sure you can. Turtle Butlers are all over the place and they have this function, using suckDown or something
Luanub #4
Posted 31 August 2012 - 05:41 AM
With the current version you can remove and add items to a chest. But you can not select a specific slot in the chest as far as I know.

suckDown() will use the turtle like a vacuum and suck up any items that are below it. Some uses are to ensure that the turtle gets all the sugar cane when harvesting, or to pick up wheat after a flooder has been used to harvest. Stuff like that.

For more information on what turtle functions are available read the turtle API on the wiki… http://computercraft.info/wiki/index.php?title=Turtle_(API)
deletedaccouint #5
Posted 01 September 2012 - 02:38 AM
With the current version you can remove and add items to a chest. But you can not select a specific slot in the chest as far as I know.

thats all I need. code?
Luanub #6
Posted 01 September 2012 - 02:55 AM
make sure your turtle is facing the inventory you want to pull items from and do turtle.suck(), suckDown() would probably work as well if you are above the inventory. Have never really used them in this manor, just mainly for picking items up off the ground.
Lyqyd #7
Posted 01 September 2012 - 06:41 AM

thats all I need. code?

That's not all you need. You also need to be on a version of ComputerCraft that supports turtles interacting with chests, which 1.2 isn't.
deletedaccouint #8
Posted 01 September 2012 - 02:37 PM

thats all I need. code?

That's not all you need. You also need to be on a version of ComputerCraft that supports turtles interacting with chests, which 1.2 isn't.

That would probably help too.

Anyway, thanks guys.