This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
nAyo's profile picture

[Fixed] Programs not running returning random numbers

Started by nAyo, 12 September 2012 - 12:21 PM
nAyo #1
Posted 12 September 2012 - 02:21 PM
Yo,

Something weird has lately been happening on our server, we can't run programs anymore without being returned a random number apparently between 20 and 40. See the pictures below

Here is what I have :

- A small program containing 'print("a")' will be run and won't return a random number

- A small program containing 'sleep(10)' will be run and will return a random number after terminated
- A small program containing 'pcall(sleep,10)' will be run and won't return a random number after terminated

- A small program containing 'os.pullEvent(something)' will be run and won't return a random number, but will return a number after terminated
- A small program containing 'pcall(os.pullEvent,something)' will be run and won't return a random number, but won't return a number after terminated

- A bigger program like my 'ttt' won't be run and will instantly return a number

Whenever a program is manually terminated it throws such a number.

All this doesn't make any sense to me, it's the same on any computer, with or without floppy disk, with or without wireless modem, with or without monitor etc. I can't figure it out, maybe it has something to do with a pluggin which is like interfering or I don't know but all we did was a server restart the previous night and this started happening apparently.

If you need further informations like screenshots or anything just ask.

I'm really fed up with this, I really hope you guys can help :)/>/>
1lann #2
Posted 12 September 2012 - 03:07 PM
Those numbers just represent an error. Basically Lua failed to get the error message and instead, prints out a number
nAyo #3
Posted 12 September 2012 - 03:39 PM
That's what I thought also according to the second screenshot, I assumed 30 was like the 'string expected' error or something like this. But if it's really that, why would I have different errors for my ttt program?

Doesn't really make sense I guess.