This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Rangicus's profile picture

[GPS]Cheaty Gps

Started by Rangicus, 30 September 2012 - 03:21 AM
Rangicus #1
Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:21 AM
What I want to do is make a program for a turtle that creates a gps tower I have perfected it, except the tower needs a way to allign itself so is there anyway i can make it to where i dont need to manually enter the coords into the comp but the turtle can find the coords from the game info and put it into the comp?
Pharap #2
Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:25 AM
Not without modding.
Rangicus #3
Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:29 AM
Do you no of any mods that can do that?
Pharap #4
Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:47 AM
You could check out the CC peripherals section, someone has probably made a peripheral for letting the turtle find it's exact location.
If not you could raise it as a suggestion.

Generally the whole point of programming though is that you're supposed to be telling the machines what to do, so the creator of CC didn't put the feature in. After all, it is easy enough to just stand on top of a turtle, check your co-ords and then subtract 2 from the y to adjust for height difference. Then all you have to do is keep track of how many blocks the turtle moves in each direction and it will always know where it is.
dcleondc #5
Posted 30 September 2012 - 08:00 AM
there is a way of doing it without mods, all you have to do is have 1 tower set up and all the towers you make have to be in the range on the ones you have set up already. have the turtle get its position and use that to calculate the cords of the pc, then have the computer store its cords a file such as "position" so you can have a turtle make a new file called position then copy it over to the computer