This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
PopeXIII's profile picture

[Question] Is it possible to program a computer/turtle in Java

Started by PopeXIII, 01 October 2012 - 06:20 AM
PopeXIII #1
Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:20 AM
Is it possible to program a computer/turtle in Java. If yes, how?

Thank you
jag #2
Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:22 AM
No.. Only lua available inside of the computers.
Unless you implement the language inside of the computer in a form of a API or a program.
absorr #3
Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:45 AM
If you know Java already, Lua should be a walk in the park! It has most of the same basic functions, although when you think about it Lua could be considered closer to JavaScript then Java. It should not take too long for you to be able to catch on to it. If you would like, I can set up a server where I can teach you how to use Lua. I want to help you through with this.
PopeXIII #4
Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:04 AM
If you know Java already, Lua should be a walk in the park! It has most of the same basic functions, although when you think about it Lua could be considered closer to JavaScript then Java. It should not take too long for you to be able to catch on to it. If you would like, I can set up a server where I can teach you how to use Lua. I want to help you through with this.

That's nice of you, but I don't want to waste your time (I already know the "Basics" of Lua :)/>/>). If you hop on the server(It's a Tekkit server) I play on, maybe you can teach me more :(/>/>. Add me on steam(If you have one) - Username: PopeXIII.

Thanks

Unless you implement the language inside of the computer in a form of a API or a program.

I have a friend saying that he codes he's turtles using Java, not sure if true or trolling.
Cloudy #5
Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:52 AM

I have a friend saying that he codes he's turtles using Java, not sure if true or trolling.

Trolling.