This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Docdra's profile picture

Texture problem with computer

Started by Docdra, 05 October 2012 - 07:39 PM
Docdra #1
Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:39 PM
Edited with updated details:

When placing a computer (using 1.43) it appears fine, but when I use the computer and ESC out without first doing "exit" from the prompt the computer's entire front panel disappears; you can still see the other sides of the computer - but the front is completely transparent. If I first type "exit" and then ESC out, then everything is still there - the cursor animation plays once and then disappears. Exiting and reloading does not correct this.

Turtles, monitors, everything else all appears fine. I've tried using different textures, installed OptiFine, removing mods (all but IC2), and all to no avail. Other than that very annoying issue, it all appears to work fine still.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'm open to them.

**Update** Removed IC2 and OptiFine - still had the issue…
Rsstn #2
Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:47 PM
I presume you've tried re-installing CC on a fresh Minecraft.jar?
I don't know much about how Optifine works, but if it is interference from other mods, Optifine is the most likely culprit, as it changes a lot of Minecraft's rendering and animation.
Docdra #3
Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:21 PM
Yes, did a re-install on a fresh .jar file after putting FML back on - this time without Mystcraft too - same thing. I will note however, that it is only the front panel missing; when I circled the computer the other sides were visible it was just when viewing from the front the transparent facing side and my viewing angle made it look like some of the other sides were missing as well.
PixelToast #4
Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:52 PM
its forge, the blink animation is bugged if your using the wrong version, visit the download page for CC to get the recommended version
Docdra #5
Posted 06 October 2012 - 12:26 AM
You were definitely right, however now every version I try over 275 results in a different issue of some sort with another mod…

**Edit** Well the last mod that seemed to have an issue was MystCraft, but although I don't think they've officially announced this, I was able to use the latest version of Forge and put the MystCraft folder in the /mods directory versus dumping the files in minecraft.jar - didn't think it would work, but it did and I only lost my link books. Now I just hope the world generation bit still works.