This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Goof's profile picture

can i make a specific computer to boot directly when the world is started?

Started by Goof, 06 October 2012 - 09:43 PM
Goof #1
Posted 06 October 2012 - 11:43 PM
Hey.

I've made some CC programs. But when i copied my saved file (in appdata) and pasted it into another PC, then when it loads the world, i want some computers/ turtles, to boot directly when the world is loaded. Is that possible? If yes, then how can i do that?

thanks!
Kingdaro #2
Posted 06 October 2012 - 11:47 PM
I believe if you write a startup program, the computer will start when the world loads and run that program.
Goof #3
Posted 06 October 2012 - 11:49 PM
Ehm. I am writing it as a startup program, but can i change the pc/ turtle to boot when world loads, in the config file, or. Just because that i wont be able to rightclick the PC
Goof #4
Posted 06 October 2012 - 11:54 PM
And i tested the world. But the PC dosent auto start/boot :-(
Starwaster #5
Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:05 PM
Mikk, if you have a file in your computer or turtle's root directory named startup, it will execute. I have a logging turtle set up that way that goes into logging mode as soon as the world loads. The only caveat is that either I need to be in range of that chunk or I need a chunk loader present otherwise no turtle will boot until I enter the area.
Goof #6
Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:03 PM
oh…. i found it out now… thanks.. ( it was just my CC Turtle "id" that was been changed somehow) (LOL :D/>/>)

But anyway… thanks!