This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Salaveneus's profile picture

[Lua][Question] Encryption? Server Stored Passwords?

Started by Salaveneus, 13 October 2012 - 04:21 AM
Salaveneus #1
Posted 13 October 2012 - 06:21 AM
So, I am just wondering if there is a way to encrypt a file so that no one is able to access it, except with a password?

Included are two attachments, the startup file, and the password file to the computer lock system I have been working on. I want
to be able to encrypt the Username.password so that someone can't figure out that specific person's password.

As to the second part of my title, I am just wondering if using a server computer is the the only way to completely hide the password, if it even hides the password? If so, if someone could point me in the right direction to do that, that'd be greatly appreciated.

P.S.
If you see anything wrong with my code (it does work though!) or anything that could be better/less complicated in anyway, if you would point it out, that'd be great!
Lyqyd #2
Posted 13 October 2012 - 06:22 AM
There are no good, real encryption libraries for ComputerCraft. You can find janky stuff all over the forums, though.
Salaveneus #3
Posted 13 October 2012 - 06:50 AM
There are no good, real encryption libraries for ComputerCraft. You can find janky stuff all over the forums, though.

Thanks anyways =P
PixelToast #4
Posted 13 October 2012 - 06:50 AM
i have one, simply store the checksum of the password instead of the password itself, so you cant just edit the program and find the password :3