This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Saugrim's profile picture

(Question) Wireless Modem Upgrade [SOLVED]

Started by Saugrim, 14 October 2012 - 02:55 AM
Saugrim #1
Posted 14 October 2012 - 04:55 AM
Well, I have been searching for a solution to this issue for quite awhile now, and it has finally brought me here.

Problem:
I am looking to increase the range of Wireless Modems to an infinite amount on my Multiplayer Tekkit server.

So I have been working on a global server for my Tekkit server, and this has led me to quite a lot of frustration since the 264 block limit on Wireless modems is a real killer.. So, I have read up on ways to make this infinite, and I have come up on several topics pointing me toward a config file that is in a CFG format, however upon examination of my server folders I have not found anything that is named as such.. There is actually an entire fourm post about this, however it had no direct answers and so I was looking to see if a 'Pro' might be able to assist me in resolving this issue.

Fourm post:
http://www.computerc...-please-delete/

Anyways, I have tried looking through the folders and I am able to provide screenshots if you need to see everything that I have since I did use Minecraft-Servers and they automatically make most of this stuff for me, so I don't know if they removed stuff of anything of that sort.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
thanks in advance.
Lyqyd #2
Posted 14 October 2012 - 05:23 AM
Where is the mod installed? It's usually in a folder called mods. There's a folder on the same level as the mods folder named config; the configuration should be in there. If not, Tekkit is the source of that oddity and I've no idea where it would stash them.
Saugrim #3
Posted 14 October 2012 - 05:31 AM
Alright, let me pull up a screenshot of the directory of which I see when I actually go in the Computercraft folder.

That's the actual directory that comes up when I go into the Computercraft folder, however I was unable to find anything but CLASS files within there..
Now, I heard something about the config being saved within forge or something, but I wasn't sure what all that was about.. All I know is that I know there has be someway to do this through editing the mod its self or a configuration file somewhere that I've missed.
PixelToast #4
Posted 14 October 2012 - 05:35 AM
im running the latest tekkit server and this is where my CC config file is:
server/config/mod_ComputerCraft.cfg
SpoilerY U NO CHECK IN THE FOLDER CLEARLY NAMED CONFIGS FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
sorry, i just cant contain all of my why
Saugrim #5
Posted 14 October 2012 - 05:36 AM
Wow.. I can't believe I have not managed to notice that sooner..
All of the sites I had looked on made it seem more complex then it was, and of course I figured that the config folder was filled with config files for the actual server.. I am still used to Bukkit more then I am used to Tekkit and the sad thing about all of this is that I do computer programming in real life, yet when it comes to finding a file I fail.

XDDD
I guess I can just laugh at myself,
thanks for the assistance. ^^
PixelToast #6
Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:53 AM
lol, happy to help
remiX #7
Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:35 AM
Mines only set to 64 :)/>/>
PixelToast #8
Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:23 PM
64 is a long ways :)/>/>
and if you really need to transfer messages further you could just make a satelite
remiX #9
Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:27 PM
64 is a long ways :)/>/>
and if you really need to transfer messages further you could just make a satelite

I changed it to 512 :)/>/>