This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
exploder's profile picture

[Lua][Question]Computer ignoring diskdrive,etc.

Started by exploder, 21 October 2012 - 08:20 AM
exploder #1
Posted 21 October 2012 - 10:20 AM
Hello computercraft community.

I am making a virus, but my virus can be easly bypassed using disk drive.

Is this possible to make computer not detect Disk Drives or delete the startup file in floppy first?

Thank you.
Cloudy #2
Posted 21 October 2012 - 11:20 AM

Is this possible to make computer not detect Disk Drives or delete the startup file in floppy first?

Thank you.

No. You can make it more difficult to remove your virus, but you cannot prevent it as they could just shut the computer down and put the floppy in.
cheekycharlie101 #3
Posted 21 October 2012 - 11:37 AM

Thank you.

No. You can make it more difficult to remove your virus, but you cannot prevent it as they could just shut the computer down and put the floppy in.
as you are a developer im sure you no wayy more about this than i do. but could you just block ctrl+s and ctrl+r from working. that way they would never be able to reboot a computer and make a boot disk to work. or there might be a way to stop boot disks from working. just wondering if this is possible
Cloudy #4
Posted 21 October 2012 - 11:40 AM

Thank you.

as you are a developer im sure you no wayy more about this than i do. but could you just block ctrl+s and ctrl+r from working. that way they would never be able to reboot a computer and make a boot disk to work. or there might be a way to stop boot disks from working. just wondering if this is possible

No. The only thing that can be blocked from Lua code is Ctrl + T
exploder #5
Posted 21 October 2012 - 11:51 AM

Thank you.

No. The only thing that can be blocked from Lua code is Ctrl + T

Yes, that is that I was wondering.I have blocked Ctrl + T, but never knew how to block Ctrl + S or Ctrl + R (I guess it's really impossible, plus if someone really find a way how to block Ctrl + S and R then next problem is when person disconnects, the chunks stop loading, so computer shuts down as well.).

But I guess there is no possible way to make computer start it's startup first, or when he detects floppy, he deletes it.

That's sad :)/>/>.
ChunLing #6
Posted 21 October 2012 - 11:56 AM
It's moderately realistic, though. The main danger of a virus isn't the ability to somehow permanently infect hardware, but to damage or steal data and programs.