This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
aref_naa's profile picture

Turtle Fuel/Mod Interaction Issues

Started by aref_naa, 21 October 2012 - 09:08 AM
aref_naa #1
Posted 21 October 2012 - 11:08 AM
Hi,

I'm not actually getting any 'bug' output, but the turtle I built doesn't seem to like biofuel. According to the wiki, the turtle is supposed to take biofuel cans and some other goodies from IC2, but for some reason it's not interacting with any of the IC2 fuels. I've tried biofuel buckets, biofuel cells, and biofuel cans, as well as scrap and scaffolds. The turtle happily slurps up peat and coal coke, so both Forestry and Railcraft hooks are pulling in, but I can't get IC2 to take (and I'd quite like to start using up some of my giant biofuel tank). I don't get any issues on server startup- is there something i'm missing, or would this more properly be filed as a bug?

Or maybe my turtle's just a picky eater.
Cloudy #2
Posted 21 October 2012 - 11:13 AM
Hi,

I'm not actually getting any 'bug' output, but the turtle I built doesn't seem to like biofuel. According to the wiki, the turtle is supposed to take biofuel cans and some other goodies from IC2, but for some reason it's not interacting with any of the IC2 fuels. The turtle happily slurps up peat and coal coke, so both Forestry and Railcraft hooks are pulling in, but I can't get IC2 to take (and I'd quite like to start using up some of my giant biofuel tank). I don't get any issues on server startup- is there something i'm missing, or would this more properly be filed as a bug?

Or maybe my turtle's just a picky eater.

If the IC2 biofuel cans don't register themselves as fuel using the forge hook then our turtle won't be able to notice that. Do they work in a regular furnace?
Doyle3694 #3
Posted 21 October 2012 - 11:42 AM
you are sure you arn't using the biofuel from forestry?
aref_naa #4
Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:04 AM
Hmm, it looks like I may have some stranger issues. Of all the IC2 fuels listed on http://computercraft.info/wiki/index.php?title=Turtle.refuel, only scaffolding appears to work. Scrap will not, nor will the "Fuel Can" filled with bio or the rest… I'll have to poke around. Thanks for the tip about the furnace, though, that's at least good enough to work out what's going on from here.
Cruor #5
Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:48 AM
This seems to have been changed on IC2s part in the 1.3.2 update, no idea if its a bug or its intended. And as Cloudy said, if it cant be used in a regular furnace it isnt a valid turtle fuel.
Doyle3694 #6
Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:51 PM
scrap burning is and has always been a config option