This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
jclark's profile picture

Turtles and Factorization Barrels

Started by jclark, 07 November 2012 - 06:08 PM
jclark #1
Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:08 PM
Mod compatibility question: has anyone tried using the Barrel block (holds up to 64 stacks of a single item type) from the Factorization mod with turtles? When using barrels with pipes, you can load/unload from the top, so I tried dropDown() and suckDown() from above a barrel. dropDown() works, but suckDown() doesn't. Interestingly, suckDown() returns true, indicating success, it just fails to get anything from the barrel. Trying suck() with the barrel in front of the turtle returns false as expected.

Anyone gotten this to work? Known issue? Should I report this as a CC bug or a Factorization bug?
PixelToast #2
Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:58 PM
suck down dosent work because there are no items to take from the physical world
Luanub #3
Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:40 PM
suck down dosent work because there are no items to take from the physical world

That's incorrect, suckDown() should remove items from inventories just as suck() does.
ScruffyRules #4
Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:39 PM
put the turtle at the bottom of the barrel and do suckUp()
jclark #5
Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:58 AM
put the turtle at the bottom of the barrel and do suckUp()

Thanks, that (surprisingly!) worked. Odd, since pipes won't interact with the bottom of a barrel. Also, I can dropUp() from below the barrel as well. Throws a monkey wrench in my bot-base layout ( :P/>/> ) but I can make it work for now. I'll check with neptunepink on the Factorization thread to see if this is something that can be fixed on the barrel.
jclark #6
Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:49 PM
Further testing with the latest CC and Factorization give these results:

With turtle ABOVE the barrel, and using suckDown()/dropDown():
* Can place items in barrel, until barrel is full (64 stacks of 64)
* Cannot remove anything from barrel, although suckDown() returns true

With turtle BELOW the barrel, and using suckUp()/dropUp():
* Can place items in barrel ONLY IF barrel has < 64 items. Once barrel has a full stack, further attempts to dropUp() return false.
* Can remove as many items as the barrel contains (in 64 item stacks).

So it seems that both top and bottom are somewhat buggy with turtles. I've reported my findings on the MC Forums thread for Factorization. I'll update here if the issue is addressed.