This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
False Triumph's profile picture

Automatic wheat farm troubles

Started by False Triumph, 19 November 2012 - 02:57 PM
False Triumph #1
Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:57 PM
Okay so, I`ve just begun to start using to computercraft and I`ve come up the idea to have an automatic wheat farm. My goal is to have the farming turtle (version 1.4) either regular or wireless and have it:

1. Harvest the wheat from the farm
2. Replant seeds on the space where it just harvested
3. continue in a line with the process above
4. repeat on other lines of wheat (total 4 of about 14 spaces in length each with 1 space of water in between each line)
5. After harvesting and replanting in each space place harvested wheat in a specific chest and then return to start position.

I`ve experimented in creative mode a bit with the turtle and I can get it to move forward and harvest with some success, but It is very tedious and I have to place turtle.forward and turtle.dig repeatedly for how many spaces it goes across. There must be an easier way. I`m very new to this and don`t know any of the commands for replanting the seeds or detection or anything like that. I`ve done some research and watched some youtube videos, but many of them are very complicated and the lines of code are impractical for my situation. If needed I can provide screenshots and any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, if any other information is needed I can provide it. I`m using tekkit 1.2.5 with computercraft 1.4 and sphax purebdcraft texture pack.

Thanks.
remiX #2
Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:53 PM
What code do you have at the moment?
etopsirhc #3
Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:28 PM
learn to use loops it'll make life easier :(/>/>

example

for i=0,14 do
  (somthing to do 14 times )
end
remiX #4