This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
whos_Blu's profile picture

Need Help with Floppy Code!

Started by whos_Blu, 23 November 2012 - 10:07 PM
whos_Blu #1
Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:07 PM
Key:
Floppy1 = Floppy with data
Floppy2 = Floppy im trying to copy data to

Okay lets begin:
I'm trying to code a floppy1 to copy some programs on it to floppy2, so i can mass produce the data from floppy1 to other floppys to give around to people.

i don't know how to code labels, so when floppy1 transfers its data to floppy2, floppy2 gets a specific label, instead of it being "Floppy Disk".

I do know you can use "Label set <direction> <whateveryouwant>" but i want it so once floppy1 copies its data, floppy2 gets a specific label but in code, so the program executes it so automatically gets a label, as well as gets the stuff copied to it. So floppy2 gets the two programs + a specific label automatically.

I REALLY NEED HELP WITH THIS AND AM CLUELESS ON WHAT TO DO

Code for Floppy1 So Far: (Programs too) (Dont worry about "startuplock" and "Password" they are just there for reference, i need help with "startup" on floppy1 that actually copies stuff to floppy2)
Password: (Lock Program, what i want to copy to floppy2)
startuplock: (The actual startup program that will be copied to floppy2)

fs.copy("disk/Password","startup")
shell.run("startup")
startup: (Actual startup program on floppy1 that will copy the other two programs to floppy2)

fs.copy("disk/Password","disk2/Password")
fs.copy("disk/startuplock","disk2/startup)

Please help, all I'm looking for is a code that can be used in a program that will execute the making a label

I hope i explained this well, and im sorry if i got confusing! Just wanted to give as much info as i could! Thanks for reading, PLEASE HELP!

P.S : ONLY FOCUS ON "startup" not on "startuplock" or "Password" !!!!! Thanks again!</whateveryouwant></direction>
remiX #2
Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:05 AM
I actually made a code a while ago to handle two floppy disks (left and right). And to copy from left to right (not both). Made it while using Tekkit which had CC 1.33 so it has no colour support. Was less experienced compared to now so the code isn't that great. But it works!

Disk Handler
whos_Blu #3
Posted 25 November 2012 - 01:24 AM
I actually made a code a while ago to handle two floppy disks (left and right). And to copy from left to right (not both). Made it while using Tekkit which had CC 1.33 so it has no colour support. Was less experienced compared to now so the code isn't that great. But it works! Disk Handler

umm could you send me it? or fix mine? Did your code automatically label the second floppy or the floppy you were transferring data too?
remiX #4
Posted 25 November 2012 - 02:38 AM
Did your code automatically label the second floppy or the floppy you were transferring data too?

Nope, and the code is right in my previous post :D/>/>