This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Geforce Fan's profile picture

Logging in and pasteing something with pastebin?

Started by Geforce Fan, 29 November 2012 - 09:58 AM
Geforce Fan #1
Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:58 AM
How do you login to pastebin then paste something IN computercraft? And how do you edit a paste already made?
Cranium #2
Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:23 AM
I have worked with the Pastebin API that is offered, and unfortunately they do not offer a way to edit pastes witht heir API. However, you can log in and delete pastes, as well as make pastes to your own account.
Take a look at Pastebin's Developer API: http://pastebin.com/api
Alternatively, you can look at how I implemented the login into my SmartPaste program, listed in my signature.
Geforce Fan #3
Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:28 AM
Well, can I use it to edit pastes?
OmegaVest #4
Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:31 AM
[…] unfortunately they do not offer a way to edit pastes witht heir API. […]

You'll have to use his program to even try. And I don't think even that works.
Cranium #5
Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:44 AM
Well, can I use it to edit pastes?
Like I said. Pastebin does not have anything in their API that allows for editing. The only thing you can do is "trick" the system, by downloading a file, then editing it. After editing, reupload it after deleting the original. I couldn't find a pretty way to do that, so that's why it is not implemented in my program. If you find a nice way to do it, then congratulations.
Geforce Fan #6
Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:32 AM
But then there's the upload limit…
Cranium #7
Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:36 AM
Upload limit would only cause problems if you edit constantly. You do have a private post limit that you cannot change, but the way that they flag you for ip ban is different.
Take a look at their rules regarding post limits.
As well as how their Spam Filter works.
ChunLing #8
Posted 02 December 2012 - 01:56 AM
If you're having to edit things so often that you have to consider the upload limit, then respect their terms of use and don't try to abuse their site.