This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
mzx987's profile picture

Need help with database

Started by mzx987, 01 December 2012 - 10:16 AM
mzx987 #1
Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:16 AM
Ok, so im still a little new to Computercraft, but I am learning quite well. But haven't mastered rednet at all… :(/>

Anyway, on my server, I decided to make a banking system. Mainly with Computercraft 1.4.7, Buildcraft 3.2.0, CCLan 1.2, and Redpower 2 (once the new version is released, that is ;)/> ). And its going to keep track of the account holder's name, card number, PIN number, and credits that the user has.

My question here is: Where do I start? (By the way, im not asking for someone to make a huge line of code for me… I just want a small example, at least.)

I also want to know how I can send data from the database, modify it, and then send it back, and have the database save the variable in a file.

EDIT: Almost forgot to mention about Immibis Peripherials as well.
ChunLing #2
Posted 02 December 2012 - 01:52 AM
Search the Programs sections for examples that do something similar to what you want.
mzx987 #3
Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:51 AM
Search the Programs sections for examples that do something similar to what you want.

Hmm.. Didnt really think of that XD
Thanks for the help, I guess.
Bubba #4
Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:09 PM
I would suggest using the textutils API (specifically the textutils.serialize/textutils.unserialize function) and then transfering that data over rednet. You can figure out the code for yourself, but it's not that difficult.