This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Dandrof's profile picture

on/off on a defence system using redwire/bundled cable

Started by Dandrof, 05 December 2012 - 09:02 AM
Dandrof #1
Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:02 AM
Hi there, since my skills in lua is lower then bedrock, i googled this place :D/>
it have helped me allot with minor and cool programs, and now im asking for help to combine several of the functions i have been using erlyer.

the intent of the program is to turn on and off my teslacoils in my base from several locations.
general plot =
1. server, handles the on and off of the teslas(via bundled cables), with a say 30 sec pulsating warning before going on. on/off functions are sent from random computers around the base using redwire.
2. the on/off computers is, what i belive the tricky part, i want them pw protected with the followup question of a yes/no to send the on/off to the server.
any sugestions on how to do this? been checking Dark Programs, but since my skills are bad i dont know what to add to get the functions i want, if thats what i should use :)/>
any help would be apriciated.
ChunLing #2
Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:19 AM
You don't want them to have the password themselves, you want only the server to have the password. The server only accepts password attempts from the terminal computer IDs, and only turns the defenses on/off if it gets the right password.