This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Falco's profile picture

Question?

Started by Falco, 14 December 2012 - 04:06 PM
Falco #1
Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:06 PM
Hello guys, this is my first post on this forum even though i've been about for quite awhile now…. I just never needed to signup….. (sorry :ph34r:/>).

Anyways i've been thinking about creating a Computer Control Center im playing Technic SSP and i'm really enjoying it so far…. I don't currently have a lot of machines but i can always add them to my control center later on.

I have tried to create it myself but I get as far as three outputs….and thats not really a control center… :rolleyes:/>

I'm still learning, so please explain in your answers/tutorials.

Thanks in advance.
dissy #2
Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:32 PM
Hello guys, this is my first post on this forum even though i've been about for quite awhile now…. I just never needed to signup….. (sorry :ph34r:/>).

Anyways i've been thinking about creating a Computer Control Center im playing Technic SSP and i'm really enjoying it so far…. I don't currently have a lot of machines but i can always add them to my control center later on.

I have tried to create it myself but I get as far as three outputs….and thats not really a control center… :rolleyes:/>

Thanks in advance.

As you are still on technic, look into colored bundled cables (included with the redpower mod)
These cables attach to a side of the computer, and give you 16 color coded wires you can individually control. left right back and front would give 32 signals to read or control.

The redstone API on the cc wiki includes 'bundled' commands for using these. Plus there are a bunch of youtube videos showing off how to wire them up.
theoriginalbit #3
Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:55 PM

Thanks in advance.

As you are still on technic, look into colored bundled cables (included with the redpower mod)
These cables attach to a side of the computer, and give you 16 color coded wires you can individually control. left right back and front would give 32 signals to read or control.

The redstone API on the cc wiki includes 'bundled' commands for using these. Plus there are a bunch of youtube videos showing off how to wire them up.

Also I'd suggest if Technic includes CCSensors (I know Tekkit does, not sure about Technic) to look into those as well, you can do some cool and advanced stuff with those!
dissy #4
Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:02 PM
Also I'd suggest if Technic includes CCSensors (I know Tekkit does, not sure about Technic) to look into those as well, you can do some cool and advanced stuff with those!

Yup, it does! As well as the sensor modules to work with the other major mods.
(I still play on technic a bit myself I must admit)
Falco #5
Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:03 PM

Thanks for the fast and helpful information!

I'll have to look into this, thanks for the information!