This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
rmdir_c's profile picture

Can turtles place cane?

Started by rmdir_c, 18 December 2012 - 12:59 PM
rmdir_c #1
Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:59 PM
I am currently playing on a Tekkit server which is running ComputerCraft build 1.33. I have created a program that allows turtles to automatically expand a cane farm upon receiving cane and dirt.

Anyway, I have tried using both the turtle.place() command and the turtle.drop() command (I didn't think that one would work, but it's worth a try) with cane and the end result is that the turtle weaves through a massive chunk of dirt platform without actually planting anything. There is water available adjacent to all points on the platform.

I have tried consulting Google but all I found was that cane the item and cane the block are different things, which may explain the problem I've been having. It would probably be possible using a deployer which is placed next to the cane, but this is time consuming and on a 100x100 cane farm it would be better to do the job myself.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
theoriginalbit #2
Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:04 PM
I believe that the cane is just like the bonemeal, only works in 1.4.x and above.
rmdir_c #3
Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:39 PM
I believe that the cane is just like the bonemeal, only works in 1.4.x and above.
I think you're right; I just downloaded CC 1.4.1 for my client and the turtle programs works! I'll have to organise an upgrade with my server mods. Thanks a lot!