This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Learning_inpaired's profile picture

[error] Bundled cable starting off

Started by Learning_inpaired, 18 December 2012 - 04:56 PM
Learning_inpaired #1
Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:56 PM
So i have been at this CC codeing thing for liek a week now as in over 60 Hours studing it (im sick so no work) and i managed to get some stuff resized and printed on a monitor so far and now this on part 2.

redstone.setBundledOutput('rear', color.white)
end
and the error in getting is "bios:206: [string"lights"]:2: '<eof>' expected"
as i dont even have the word "lights" used not even in the file name, i have no idea what it means.
tryed for the last 3 ours to fix it with no luck, and i still dont understand what a "string" is.

This is why i asked for a 1on1 help before.
Luanub #2
Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:18 PM
An eof means the end of file was reached but it thinks there is more code to run.

If this is all of your code the end is causing the error, you don't need it to call a function. Only for if statements, functions, and while/for loops. If it is not all of the code we will need to see the rest.

Another issue is that colors is plural so it is colors.white or colours.white.
Learning_inpaired #3
Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:25 PM
An eof means the end of file was reached but it thinks there is more code to run.

If this is all of your code the end is causing the error, you don't need it to call a function. Only for if statements, functions, and while/for loops. If it is not all of the code we will need to see the rest.

Another issue is that colors is plural so it is colors.white or colours.white.

Yes, thats ALL of the code… starting simple
thanks a bunch, and a function in lua? yea i still dont get most of it =/
but ty i got that part
theoriginalbit #4
Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:10 PM
as i dont even have the word "lights" used not even in the file name, i have no idea what it means.
tryed for the last 3 ours to fix it with no luck, and i still dont understand what a "string" is.

the "lights" is the file the error happened in. error format is as follows
"[what sent the error] [program that has error]:[line error is on] [error message]"
so basically the error is that the bios (at line 206) has quit the program "lights" because at line 2 it expected end of file

This is why i asked for a 1on1 help before.

when did you ask for that?