This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Falco's profile picture

Moving Objects!

Started by Falco, 21 December 2012 - 06:32 PM
Falco #1
Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:32 PM
I want to make lets say a car, can i use turtles to move the "car" as a whole object, even though it would be made of more than one block…?
cmurtheepic #2
Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:35 PM
it depends on the structure you are trying to make i mean if it is just 3x2x1, 3x3x3, or 2x2x2 i cold be done by turtles removeing blocks moving placing the blocks and then moving again and repeating but if you want to ride it well then no. sorry hope i helped
Falco #3
Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:38 PM
it depends on the structure you are trying to make i mean if it is just 3x2x1, 3x3x3, or 2x2x2 i cold be done by turtles removeing blocks moving placing the blocks and then moving again and repeating but if you want to ride it well then no. sorry hope i helped

Yeah I wanted to ride it…. lol….

So is there anyway I can make a ridable machine? I've seen ships and all that all over the internet…
Orwell #4
Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:09 PM
*snip*

So is there anyway I can make a ridable machine? I've seen ships and all that all over the internet…
Those are usually made using RedPower frames. I'm not aware of techniques using turtles that can achieve this.
Falco #5
Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:12 PM
*snip*

Those are usually made using RedPower frames. I'm not aware of techniques using turtles that can achieve this.

Thanks Orwell, I guess ill have todo some more research on this after i get back from court lool
ChunLing #6
Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:46 PM
You can have a 'seat' made of soul sand and have turtles place and activate a line of other blocks and a piston to push you, if your goal is just to not have to walk. You can also do a "magic carpet" with a minecart, rails, and a turtle in front laying track and one behind eating it up (use power rails, the collecting turtle powers the rail on which you are currently halted, boosting you to the next one, before collecting that rail).

I wouldn't guess you could make anything that would strongly resemble a car. I mean, you could make a steerable magic rail easily enough, like being in a super-slow game of worm. I just don't know how to make that look car-like. Or how to not die from sheer boredom (now easier than ever with the altered cart exit behavior) riding it, but that's a separate issue.