This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Damyx's profile picture

Frame Quarry location

Started by Damyx, 25 December 2012 - 02:29 AM
Damyx #1
Posted 25 December 2012 - 03:29 AM
Hello.

Ive built frame quarry and i want to locate the bore head.
I have set up the gps tower up in sky, but i dont know how to setup program to locate the bore head.
I imagine it like this: When the bore head with computer on it is all the way down to bedrock, the gps tower will detect the computer and check on what level it is on. If its on Y = 7 then the bore head will come all the way up. (Sorry for my bad english.)

Can someone help me with this ?

Thanks
AngelMalus #2
Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:37 PM
You could have a global variable for the bore head control. If you are using the ComputerCraft computers to control the FrameMotors, you could have something like

x, y, z = gps.locate(5)

CurrentLevel = y – (minus or plus the distance of the bore head to the controlling computer)

MoveDown()
CurrentLevel = CurrentLevel - 1

And when CurrentLevel is 7 then you can start the retracting loop.

You could also have it send a RedNet signal, like

rednet.send("Bedrock reached, retracting")

And any computer listening can pick up that message.

Just an idea. =D
ChunLing #3
Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:35 PM
Why must people go and represent Endermen as really being cute girls in a costume? It's already freaky enough to kill them for their eyes, we don't need to feel guilty about it too.

Anyway, clarify the problem a bit. Are you having trouble using gps.locate(), or having the bore-head controller contact a base station by rednet, or having the base station listen for the bore-head's rednet, or using a relay, or something else entirely?