This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Zamithal's profile picture

turtle.transferTo work around

Started by Zamithal, 25 December 2012 - 11:29 AM
Zamithal #1
Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:29 PM
I'm running a 1.2.5 minecraft because of tekkit… however I need access to this command to continue my project. The Turtle API wiki thing says this is a 1.4.5 command only (newer than my version). Is there any possible way to use this command even though its newer? (or a work around (API?))
Luanub #2
Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:59 PM
Wait for Tekkit to update. From what I can tell they are working on it now that RP2 is released.
Kingdaro #3
Posted 25 December 2012 - 02:27 PM
There's no way to specifically use that command in earlier versions, but you can possibly screw around with some of the functions to make yourself a makeshift transferTo.

function transferTo(slot, num)
  turtle.dropDown(num)
  turtle.select(slot)
  repeat until not turtle.suckDown()
end

Except that suckDown and variants are only available in versions at or above 1.4, I think. As far as I know, the dev build of tekkit is at 1.41, but any version higher version would require a manual install, or another mod pack.

Plus, this function would probably only work provided that there's one empty block below the turtle.
Zamithal #4
Posted 25 December 2012 - 02:52 PM
Thank you, This is helpful, the 1 square can be arranged.. things can always be solved with a little creativity :D/>
I am on 1.41 so this should work
Edited on 25 December 2012 - 01:53 PM