This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
heyaah's profile picture

program area tree harvesting

Started by heyaah, 29 December 2012 - 06:37 AM
heyaah #1
Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:37 AM
hi, first sorry for my english I'm not a native speaker (I'm from belgium) then I do have a problem wich is I'm looking for a program to cut tree with a turtle. The program must work with area like if i say "lumberjack" 40 i'd like it to search and cut tree in a squarre (not a line). Then i would like that he cuts every type of trees (2x2 trees too) and then a program wich have no signe like "~ []" because i can't use ctrl on the computer, you know that and i can't use notepad or gedit because I'm on a mutliplayer server who doens't accept me to do "cd rom/programs/custom" … you know what i mean.

I really looked to understand how to do it by myself i spent hours watching tuto and other stuff but it is quiet hard for me because of my english, and god that's soo hard.

well if someone have time maybe and if he can help me then it would be very nice ^^
thank you.

ps: if it is not possible to do only one program for 1x1 trees and 2x2 trees just explain me how to change that 'cause i need both
Luanub #2
Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:56 AM
Yeah this section of the forums is more for getting help with code that you are having problems with. You should probably go through take a look at some of the tutorials and at some of the existing tree farm and other turtle programs to get an idea on how its done. Get some code going and come back when you run into issues.
Viproz #3
Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:57 AM
You should use the ccopy program to copy into your server

For your program you will need to find yourself, we are not gona do your program !

Tu vis dans le Belgique française ? (are you from french belgium ?)
Lyqyd #4
Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:00 AM
To type the special characters into edit, hit ctrl first, so the menu opens. Then hit the key combination to write the character. It should close the menu and draw the character.
heyaah #5
Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:44 AM
Yeah this section of the forums is more for getting help with code that you are having problems with. You should probably go through take a look at some of the tutorials and at some of the existing tree farm and other turtle programs to get an idea on how its done. Get some code going and come back when you run into issues.

Sorry, well do you know some good tutorials which can explain me the loop thing and variable, function exetera? Like the basics things, thanks
heyaah #6
Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:47 AM
You should use the ccopy program to copy into your server

For your program you will need to find yourself, we are not gona do your program !

Tu vis dans le Belgique française ? (are you from french belgium ?)

yeah but it is not my server :s

ok then can you just explain how to make the turtle search in an area? cause i watched details of a program (lua?) wich did area and i haven't seen any thing that made me thinks it was in there.

yes I'm ^^ tu es aussi wallon?
heyaah #7
Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:48 AM
To type the special characters into edit, hit ctrl first, so the menu opens. Then hit the key combination to write the character. It should close the menu and draw the character.

well thank you, I will try it next time :)/>