This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
The Blue daNoob's profile picture

Installing API's Globally?

Started by The Blue daNoob, 30 December 2012 - 04:33 AM
The Blue daNoob #1
Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:33 AM
This is a really stupid problem, but how do I install apis globally into ComputerCraft? I've put it into the APIs folder in the ComputerCraft zip, but that just crashes Minecraft. I can start Minecraft using a folder instead of a zip, but that makes computers unusable. Can anyone suggest a fix?
remiX #2
Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:14 AM
Unzip the CC zipped folder and name it 'ComputerCraft', i.e. remove the version number and it should work.
Putting them into the APIs folder in rom should work too, if it errors out, then your api has an error itself.
snoble2022 #3
Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:12 PM
If your on windows then create a file called "toApis.bat" then in there put copy "PathToYourApi_ThisShouldBeFromYourAcctualComputerDrive" "PathToYourAPIFolder"
then to run that i think its either dofile "toApis.bat" or shell.run("toApis.bat"). PS. This may not work if computercraft doesn't support batch files any more
Lyqyd #4
Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:24 PM
If your on windows then create a file called "toApis.bat" then in there put copy "PathToYourApi_ThisShouldBeFromYourAcctualComputerDrive" "PathToYourAPIFolder"
then to run that i think its either dofile "toApis.bat" or shell.run("toApis.bat"). PS. This may not work if computercraft doesn't support batch files any more

I have no idea what the hell you're smoking. ComputerCraft has never supported, and will never support, executing batch files. Especially not things that could touch files outside of the computer's directory itself.
zekesonxx #5
Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:24 AM

I have no idea what the hell you're smoking. ComputerCraft has never supported, and will never support, executing batch files. Especially not things that could touch files outside of the computer's directory itself.

Yea, I think he found some bad eCigs.
snoble2022 #6
Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:02 AM
sorry, I was thinking of my Lua command line interpreter (It has support for batch)